Sheryl Sitts, Founder of Journey of Possibilities is excited to support Mario Rosales of Tech-Life Balance in launching his own podcast after all he’s done to help create the Journey of Possibilities website and her Exploring Possibilities podcast. In this show, they discuss the ins and outs of balancing security and convenience with modern technology. Who’s really tracking what? What is secure and what isn’t? What happens to your data? How do they hack and track you through “smart technology”?
Some of the topics discussed include:
- Phones and tablets and the apps within them
- Facebook apps (think those quizzies that gather and sell data)
- Flashlight apps
- Google knows more about you than you know about yourself!
- GPS and remembering to turn it off (though it’s never really off)
- Shopping carts that collect and sell data to third parties
- ATM and Credit Cards, including “the chip”
- Online banking
- On-Star in Automobiles
- Alexa and Smart Houses
- Internet browsing and how it’s tracked through plug-ins
- Email – what’s encrypted and what isn’t
- Voice activation and what that shares
Check out Mario’s podcast at https://www.techlifebalance.net/episode-1-of-tech-life-balance/ to make sure you’re using technology consciously.
With love and gratitude,
Sheryl Sitts, Holistic Spiritual Speaker and Coach
Founder, Journey of Possibilities