In this episode, show creator/producer Mario Rosales (https://www.MarioRosales.com) is our host to interview our usual host Sheryl Sitts, Holistic Possibilities Practitioner (http://www.sherylsitts.com) about being adopted. An estimated 5 million Americans are adopted; what impact does that have on those adopted? Adoptee Sheryl discusses her story, specifically:
- What was it like growing up adopted? Sheryl knew she was adopted most of her life and was adopted by a very loving family, but she still felt like she didn’t fit in. She talks about her struggles with low self-esteem and trying to earn love.
- Mario asks how her faith was impacted by being adopted. She shares how she leaned on that and what happened when it all fell apart in 7th grade.
- They discuss her rebirthing ceremony and how that helped her connect with the emotions each of her parents felt during her nine moths in the womb, and how hard it was for her mother to give her up at birth.
- Sheryl shares that her adopted family loved her very much, but had their own trauma, and her adopted mother was also not able to give her a nurturing love beyond age 5 because she had her own childhood experiences triggered.
- They discuss the difference between responsible parenting in terms of meeting all of a child’s basic needs and many wants, and a person’s need for nurturing, and the role of that in self-worth and self-acceptance
- Sheryl opens up about the ways that being adopted unconsciously impacted her ability to manifest abundance and how she looked for love in all the wrong places, never knowing how to give it to herself first. Mario asks her for specific examples which she provides.
- Mario asks Sheryl to explain unconditional love from an adopted person’s perspective. She gives a great definition!
…all of this and much more!
Sheryl & Mario Rosales (https://www.MarioRosales.com) invest time, money and energy into this show with the intent that it help us all remember who we really are. Your financial support is deeply appreciated at https://www.JourneyOfPossibilities.com/Support. Thank you!