James S. Gordon, M.D., Twice Appointed Chairman of the White House Commission on Complementary and Alternative Medicine, and Founder/Executive Director of the Center for Mind-Body Medicine (https://www.cmbm.org) talks with host Sheryl Sitts, MPA, BA, Possibilities Facilitator & Holistic Practitioner (https://www.sherylsitts.com) about:
- His new book The Transformation: Discovering Wholeness and Healing after Trauma (available at https://amzn.to/2ZLsEuQ with a small commission returned to us in support of this show)
- How he became interested in trauma and trauma recovery
- The overwhelming positive response he is getting to this book, especially from military veterans
- The science behind how our digestive system is affected by trauma and the natural fight-or-flight response and the lasting impact of that. Dr. Gordon also speaks about how to heal this. (It’s never too late!)
- What is expressive meditation and why is it so helpful? Dr. Gordon discusses how this is the oldest form of meditation on the planet.
- The three types of meditation: concentration, mindfulness, and expression, and the benefits and uses of each.
- Visualization exercises as powerful healing tools for any kind of trauma including the worldwide pandemic we are currently experiencing.
- *****Dr. Gordon takes us through two visualization exercises toward the end of this show!*****
Sheryl & Mario Rosales (https://www.MarioRosales.com) invest time, money and energy into creating professional broadcasts that can help you transform life from the inside out in holistic spiritual ways. We deeply appreciate your support of any amount at https://www.JourneyOfPossibilities.com/Support. Thank you!